Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Terror of 2007

Today I will talk about the terrible year of 2007 that me and my family had endured.
There are a number of factors involved in what caused our pain and misery:

1. My uncle died at the age of 59. He had lung cancer and was expected to have only a few years left to live, but he ended up dying about a month later after the doctors had told him the news. It was very devastating to say the least.

2. My mom was put on disability and had to quit her job and now she can no longer work anymore. This fact leads into the next one:

3. We had to file for bankruptcy because my mom couldn't work anymore, and my parents weren't making enough money to keep our house. That is one of the things I regret the most in my life, because that house we lost was my favorite one; it had a basement and we had a large TV with an entertainment setup for the ultimate viewing experience. Ever since we lost that house, we never had that same TV setup again.

4. My step-dad Bob had two heart attacks, but thankfully he is still alive today. He was only about 50 years old at that time.

But even after all this stuff, we made it and we are still moving forward. Ever since that year, we never had another year like it, thankfully. And I hope we never do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment