Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Anime Adventure

For today's blog post, I am going to talk about one of my favorite things out there in the world, Anime. First off, I will name my entire anime collection that I own. These include DVD's, Bluray discs, from computer, and anime that I bought from PSN (PlayStation Network).


Dragon Ball Z (Seasons 7, 8, 9 Orange Box Sets)
Elfen Lied - Complete Collection
Efen Lied - OVA special (Computer; Subbed in english)
Shuffle! - Complete Series Boxset
DearS - Complete Series
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World - Complete Series
Dragon Ball Z - feature movies 1-13 (All Uncut)
Dragon Ball Z - Trunks & Bardock Films Uncut
School Rumble - Season 1 & 2 Boxsets (plus OVA dvd)
Suzuka - Complete Series
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Complete Series Boxset (Platinum)
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Death & Rebirth + End of Evangelion films
Rebuild of Evangelion - 1.01 & 2.22 films
Saikano - Complete Series
Moonlight Lady (Hentai Series) - Complete
Shakugan no Shana - Complete Season 1 Boxset
Rumbling Hearts - Complete Series
The World of Narue - Complete Series
Clannad - Complete Series
Clannad ~After Story~ (Complete Series)
Highschool of the Dead - Complete Series (Bluray)
Highschool of the Dead - OVA special (Computer; Subbed in english)
Please Teacher - Complete Series

For the second part of this post, I want to talk about my history of anime. I first got into it literally when I was only about 8 years old, back in the year 1998. I watched the series 'Pokemon' and I didn't know it was an anime at that time. Back then, I just assumed that all cartoons I saw on television were made in the United States, and of course being at that age, I didn't really care to have an explanation on what the shows that I were watching were supposed to be.

With that being said, the next series I remember fully watching and enjoying was 'Dragon Ball Z', which I first discovered in 2002. I was hooked to that series quite quickly, as with 'Pokemon' too. In May 2005 was when I officially declared myself an actual anime fan, and knew what anime actually was. I don't remember how I felt when I first realized that 'Pokemon' and 'DBZ' were anime shows, but I suppose it doesn't really matter now.

The first anime series that I bought from Ebay that I knew was an actual anime was called 'The World of Narue', which I still enjoy to this day. From May of 2005 to this very day, I have been watching a countless number of anime shows and I will always enjoy them, no matter what. My favorite by the way is indeed "DBZ', with 'School Rumble' right behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment