Sunday, September 8, 2024

High School DxD Short Story: 'Satan Island'

 [Hey guys, so here is my rough translation for the DxD short story 'Satan Island'. This is the last ss that I can think of that has not be fully released yet. Enjoy!]

This happened one day. I, Hyoudou Issei, was feeling very troubled. Because I received a request from the Underworld government.
After school, I was in the room of the Occult Research Club, thinking about it in a vexed way, and my best friend Kiba asked me:
"Have you decided who to invite for this?"
"... Well, I've thought about who to invite... Is this really okay? Anyway, I don't think they would accept such a request..."
As soon as I said my worries, Kiba smiled and said:
"If no one comes, Gasper-kun and I will go with you to complete the government's commission together."
My friend's words were like a shot of adrenaline, and I was very grateful!
After this exchange, on the next vacation day -
Kiba, Gasper, and I set off to the capital of the Underworld, Lilith, by train. We then took another 20-minute train to the station by the lake.
What we saw there was - a large theme park! I mean, it was recently opened!
Its name is [Satan Island]! It is a huge theme park designed and built on a large scale by a vast lake. The theme is mainly about Devils. It is divided into four districts, including the Lucifer District in the center and the Leviathan District opened on the lake, named after the Four Great Maou.
However, it is still under development and there are no guests inside... So why did we come here -
After walking through the entrance gate, the faces of those who arrived earlier came into view.
"Come on. Sure enough, such a place is indispensable to the Oppai Dragon."
"Really, the devils always make something interesting."
Sairaorg-san and Cao Cao! And even more!
“I’m looking forward to the theme park in the Underworld.”
"As a Sitri servant, I must definitely visit the Leviathan area."
Dulio and Saji were also there. But they were not the only ones here!
“Ah, the food court is where the ramen are, I must evaluate”.
“Want to go shopping with me?”
“I was sent by the Grigori to monitor this trip.”
Vali, Riser, and Tobio-san are here too!
So, before I knew it, a bunch of men gathered at a theme park under development—
The task entrusted to me by Ajuka Beelzebub was:
"In a little while, the new theme park in the Underworld will be completed. Therefore, I would like to entrust the safety benchmark verification of the amusement facilities to you and the strong male friends around you. "
That's the content of the commission! ... The safety benchmark of the theme park is entrusted to the strong males... What kind of theme park needs such a commission! Although I want to complain, I can't refuse the request of the Maou.
Anyway, I informed the men within the range of communication and gathered them together. Because it was such a request, I was worried about what would happen if everyone didn't come. But almost all the guys who were called came, which surprised me.
Kiba said:
"Isn't this good? It would have been hard with just the few of us anyway."
"Ah, maybe that's the case."
"I'm looking forward to it."
The expectations for Satan Island, which represented the dreams and hope of the Maou, had swelled. And then, we soon understood the true meaning of what the Maou meant when he said, "I want to entrust the safety benchmark verification to powerful males."
"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"
"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"
The ones who were screaming were Saji and Gasper! The attraction they were trying out was a boat ride. However, the rapid descent was their boat down 90-degrees vertically a waterfall! Watching the boat fall straight down the waterfall, it was a scene I could only imagine from movies!
This is not the only attraction that was so outrageous!
"Bububububububububububububububububu."
"Lulululululululul."
Sitting on a roller coaster that was spinning at an astonishingly high speed was Sairarog-san and Cao Cao! Because the roller coaster was moving at an extremely high speed, the fierce wind blew in front of their bodies, and the muscles on their faces swayed and shook to an incredible degree!
I was sorry to see them like this on the monitor at the entrance, but it was so funny that I couldn't help laughing. Later, I heard that even in that situation, Sairaog-san and Cao Cao still had a heated discussion about each other's fighting style while riding the roller coaster.
"This ramen... is not pressed properly. Please call the shopkeeper over."
In the food court, Vali was making ramen. The shopkeeper had to listen to the White Dragon Emperor's ramen lecture for the next few hours.
Elsewhere—
"Then, let's go with Jin."
The one who said this was Tobio-san, who was sitting on an indoor lighted amusement boat with his partner Jin. It seemed that they were moving on the boat inside an amusement facility that simulated a maze... After a long time, the boat didn't come out - it seemed that the developers were too excited and made the amusement facility into a real maze. There was no choice but to get off the boat and break through the amusement facility with Jin.
There are also Sci-fi (Science Fiction) attractions. When entering the indoor facilities, the entrants will be equipped with a light sword.
"Hey hey hey hey hey hey! The robots are attacking!"
"Hahaha! Very interesting!"
The robot army on standby (developed by the Agares family) greeted the guests by launching an attack, inviting them to experience futuristic Sci-fi wars! Riser desperately blocked the robot's attack with a light sword in one hand, while Dulio enjoyed swinging his light sword in a circle.
—There are all kinds of unexpected rides here, which are really dangerous compared to the theme parks in the human world! If it weren't for us, something big would have happened!
...For the time being, I can only send the "various and inexhaustible" communication to Ajuka.
So, after Kiba and I circled the theme park to check, we got on the Ferris wheel and took a short break. This Ferris wheel... should be safe.
Kiba, who was sitting in the seat opposite to me, smiled bitterly and said:
"According to the person in charge here, they want to create something with a strong impact that is not inferior to the human world."
"That's too much. No matter how strong Devils are, everyone will get hurt if it's this intense. Especially children must not enter."
"Yeah. I think the person in charge is nervous."
The Ferris wheel shook a few times, and we couldn't help laughing in a strange way.
I looked at the scenery outside and said:
"If it's truly safe here, I'd like to bring Rias and the others."
"Yes, I will definitely come with everyone."
During this conversation—an explosion sounded in the distance.
Looking from the Ferris wheel to confirm——Sairarog-san and Cao Cao, who were covered in smoke and dust, walked out of other amusement facilities and laughed together.
Unexpectedly, the male group around me was very positive about the current situation. I couldn't help but think—

No comments:

Post a Comment